I love Açaí bowls. They are a smoothie topped with goodies you eat with a spoon. What is not to love about that?
This one is particularly easy and quick. If you know anything about my recipes you probably sense a theme. I love easy and quick.
What do you need for this Açaí bowl?
Frozen banana, frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, a fresh date, an unsweetened Açaí packet, and plant milk. That's it!
How to get a perfect Açaí bowl?
1. Use sliced frozen fruit and not whole frozen fruit. This allows for easier blending and the need for less liquid.
2. Start with a lesser amount of liquid and work your way up. It's best to add as you go rather than risk adding too much at the beginning.
3. Use the low setting instead of the high setting. The high setting on your blender will turn the contents into more of a smoothie-like texture instead of a thick smoothie bowl texture.
4. (If you need to) place the blender in the freezer while you cut your fruit and gather your toppings so that the Açaí bowl mixture doesn't melt.
Who are Acai bowls for?
Anyone who wants to eat them. They're not just for Instagrammers and Influencers. Don't worry if yours doesn't look like what you see on social media. Blend away and top with your favorite ingredients or what you have in your fridge/pantry. Decorate it if you want to or don't. Enjoy your food on your terms!
Acai bowls make great breakfasts and snacks.
Some recipes call for two Acai packets but I only use 1. Acai is expensive and I feel that the flavor is still amazing when I use 1. I will use 2 packets when I'm feeling fancy.
Quick and Easy Acai Bowl
Vegan |Gluten Free | Soy Free
High Speed Blender
1 unsweetened Acai packet
1/2 cup sliced frozen strawberries
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
3/4 cup sliced frozen banana
1/3-1/2 cup plant milk
1. Gather toppings and set aside.
2. Defrost the Acai packet 1/3 of the way under running water until it is easy to break apart.
3. Add all ingredients starting with the lesser amount of plant milk to the blender and blend on low for about 30 seconds. Stop and scrape down sides. Blend on low in 45-60 second intervals scraping down the sides when necessary until the mixture is desired consistency.
4. Transfer to a bowl and add toppings. Enjoy immediately. Leftovers can be stored in the freezer for up to a week. To defrost transfer to the fridge.
If you make this recipe tag @vexkitchen on Instagram. I love to see your creations!