Ever wondered what to do with those cauliflower gnocchi from Trader Joe’s? I got you. This is a simple, easy, and quick way to use them that is also affordable. Spinach, baby portobello mushrooms, and vegan cheese come together to create this dreamy dish. Want to make your own vegan cheese? Try my vegan Parmesan cheese to top it off.
Cheesy Spinach & Mushroom Gnocchi
Vegan | Gluten Free | Soy Free
1 bag of Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi (or gnocchi of choice)
3 tbsp olive oil*
Pasta sauce of choice (homemade if preferred)
2 handfuls of fresh spinach
16oz baby portobello mushrooms (use as much as you want)
Dairy free cheese of choice I used local brand darë vegan cheese
1. Slice mushrooms as seen in photo above
2. Heat pan over medium high heat.
3. Add about 1 tbsp olive oil and mushrooms to pan.
4. Sauté until softened about five minutes.
5. Optional: I like to set the mushrooms aside while I cook the gnocchi.
6. Add 2 tbps of olive oil (or use vegan butter*) to the still hot pan and add the gnocchi. Allow gnocchi to cook on one side until browned and then Use a metal spatula to flip gnocchi otherwise they will stick.
7. Add mushrooms back in if you sat them aside, add in two handfuls of spinach, and as much sauce as you prefer.
8. Add desired amount of vegan cheese and cover with lid until spinach is wilted and cheese is melted.
Notes: Not all vegan cheese melts. My favorite store bought vegan cheese is Miyoko’s.