Y’all like potatoes? Me too. These potatoes are crispy, crunchy, and a little bit spicy. The Cajun flavor married with the chipotle mayo is a winning combination. I doubt you will regret making these. Potatoes with dipping sauce are always a good idea.
Crispy Cajun Potatoes w/ Chipotle Mayo
Vegan | Gluten Free | Soy Free Option | Nut Free
5-6 Potatoes of choice (I used Yukon gold this time)
Cajun seasoning (about 1 tbsp)
Scotch Bonnet Powder or other hot pepper powder (optional)
1/2 cup vegan mayo (use soy free if needed)
2 teaspoons lime juice
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4+ teaspoon chipotle pepper powder (store bought or ground dried chipotle peppers with a pestle and mortar) or use the sauce from chipotles in adobo.
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place sheet pans in oven.
3. Slice potatoes in half and then thinly slice potatoes into wedges as shown in photo above. Try to cut them evenly so that they cook evenly.
4. Place wedges into bowl and coat with oil of choice, Cajun seasoning, salt, and scotch bonnet powder.
5. Remove heated sheet pan from oven and place seasoned potatoes wedges onto sheet pan.
6. Place potatoes in oven and set a timer for 15 minutes.
7. During this time combine all of the chipotle mayo ingredients into a bowl and whisk to combine.
7. When timer goes off flip potatoes and set another timer for 10 minutes.
8. Periodically check potatoes to make sure none of them are burning. The thinner ones will start to burn on the edges.
9. Remove from the oven and enjoy immediately. They are best right out of oven.