Guacamole is delicious. I think we can all agree on that. But how do you make the perfect guacamole? I'm here to help.
Simple is best. Ripe avocados, jalapeño, red onion, lime juice, cilantro, Roma tomato, and salt are all you need to make perfect guacamole.
Guacamole is naturally vegan and free of many allergens like gluten, soy, and nuts. Which makes it the perfect dip to bring to a party or potluck.
I have made this guacamole more times than I can count and I can honestly say I am not tired of it yet.
Ways to use guacamole:
With your favorite tortilla chips
The uses are as endless as your imagination!
How to get it perfect:
1. Use ripe avocados. When you handle them they should feel slightly soft to the touch.
2. Dice your red onion small and jalapeño small.
3. Use a sharp knife to dice your tomato as to not squish them.
4. Use fresh cilantro and not store bought cilantro pastes.
5. Use fresh lime juice.
6. Don't be afraid to add salt (unless you can't have it).
You can sub jalapeño for serrano or poblano if you prefer. It is your guacamole after all.
How To Make The Best Guacamole
Vegan | Gluten Free | Soy Free | Nut Free
Lasts: 2-3 days
3 ripe haas avocados
1 jalapeño, finely diced
1/4 red onion, diced
1 Roma tomato, diced
1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
3 tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp sea salt, or more to taste
1. Dice onion, cilantro, tomato, and jalapeño and set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl scoop out the avocados and use a fork to mash them to desired consistency.
3. Add onion, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, tomato, and salt and mixed to combine. Taste and adjust flavor as needed.
4. To store leftovers place in an airtight container with a sheet of plastic wrap or eco friendly alternative directly over the guacamole. To freshen up the flavor squeeze a bit of lime juice directly onto the guacamole and stir. If it starts to brown that is oxidation you can scoop off the top layer and eat what is underneath.
If you make this recipe tag @vexkitchen on Instagram. I love to see your creations!