This is one of my all time favorite quick dinners. It may look like mush but do not get it twisted it is delicious. I think we can all agree that peanut sauce makes everything better. Which is how this recipe was born. I realized I could put peanut sauce on tofu scramble and magic happened.
Peanut Sauce Tofu Scramble
Vegan | Gluten Free | Soy Free Option
1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
2 tbsp coconut aminos*
1 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
1/2 tbsp lime juice
1+ tbsp chili garlic sauce
1 large clove garlic minced
1/2 tsp grated ginger
Maple syrup or agave to sweeten
Splash of Tamari or liquid aminos*
Hot water to thin
1 block extra firm tofu (pressed)
Veggies of choice: this time I used zucchini but you could use broccoli, onion, carrot, bell peppers, etc. Think stir fry veggies.
1. Press tofu and set aside.
2. Combine all peanut sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Create desired texture by adding hot water slowly. I like my peanut sauce pourable but not thin like a salad dressing.
3. Cut veggies. I diced the zucchini.
4. Heat pan of medium heat.
5. Add oil to pan and then add the veggies you are using.
6. Sauté until softened. Approximately 7 minutes.
7. Optional step: transfer veggies to a bowl while you cook tofu. I like to do this because I find that the veggies get soggy when I cook them together. This is personal preference.
8. Crumble tofu with hands over hot pan and use spatula to break apart any large clumps.
9. Cook tofu until desired firmness is reached. Approximately 5-10 minutes. If you separated the veggies add them back into the pan at this time.
10. Add desired amount of peanut sauce and stir to combine.
Serve over rice of choice and garnish with peanuts.